What do you get when you mix 30 of the top bull riders in the South, with the Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Southwest Florida and bass fishing, a swamp safari, sky diving, golf, and country music in Hendry County? A long weekend of fun activities for the public and an opportunity to support a home-away-from-home for the families of seriously ill children receiving medical care at The Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida at HealthPark Medical Center in Fort Myers.
Hendry County Rodeo Grounds in LaBelle is hosting the SSBR 2009 National Finals and the 3rd Annual Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Southwest Florida Rodeo on Friday and Saturday, January 8th & 9th and several great events are planned to give the public an opportunity to meet, greet and mix it up with the 30 top bull riders ranked in the Southern State Bull Riders association.
Thursday, January 7th: The public can participate in an SSBR Fishing Tournament on Lake Okeechobee at 9 a.m. in Clewiston at the Roland & Mary Ann Martins Marina & Resort. After a day on the lake, kick back with the SSBR riders and listen to live country music performed free by Mickey Cash at the Marina’s Tiki Bar from 6-10 p.m.
Friday, January 8th: Start the day at Big Cypress Seminole Indian Reservation at 10 a.m. as riders and their fans explore Billie Swamp Safari until 2 p.m. Then, round up at the Hendry County Rodeo Grounds on SR 29 South in LaBelle for the 1st Round of the SSBR 2009 National Finals.
• Gates Open at 5:00 p.m. Bounce houses, games, food, and live country music preformed by Nashville recording artist KC Johns.
• Youth Rodeo from 6-7:30 p.m., which is open to participants under 18 only. Youth Rodeo events include Breakaway Roping, Team Penning, Buddy Pickup and Relay Race.
• Championship Bull Riding Main Event and 1st Round is from 8-10 p.m.
• After Party from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. hosted at the Rodeo Grill in LaBelle.
Saturday, January 9th: The thrills continue as fans and riders choose to either skydive from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Skydive Air Adventures in Clewiston, or compete in a friendly golf tournament at The Glades Golf & RV Resort on SR 80 between LaBelle and US 27. Then, round up again at the Hendry County Rodeo Grounds on SR 29 South in LaBelle for the Final Round of the SSBR 2009 National Finals.
• Gates Open at 12 Noon. Bounce houses, games, food, and live country music preformed by Nashville recording artist KC Johns.
• Blazin Cans barrel racing and pole bending from 1-4:00 p.m.
• Ranch Rodeo, a Marki Rodeo Production, with 8 open events from 4-6:30 p.m.
• Championship Bull Riding Main Event and Final Round from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
• After Party to celebrate with the riders from 10:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. hosted at the Rodeo Grill in LaBelle.
The SSBR 2009 National Finals will happen rain or shine. The Hendry County Rodeo Grounds have covered bleachers. General Admission is $10 for Friday and $10 for Saturday. All other events are fee-based, unless noted otherwise. For additional information, or to reserve tickets, call 863-885-1537 or visit the website at http://www.ronaldrodeo.com.
The 3rd Annual Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Southwest Florida Rodeo is sponsored in part by grants from Hendry County Tourist Development Council and VISITFLORIDA®. All proceeds from both nights will go to support the Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Southwest Florida.
Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Southwest Florida is recruiting volunteers for this event. If you would like to help, please call 239-437-0202.
Tags: Big Cypress Seminole Indian Reservation, Championship Bull Riding, Clewiston, country music, fishing, golf, Hendry County, KC Johns, LaBelle, Mickey Cash, Rodeo, Ronald McDonald House Charities, skydive, SSBR, Tiki Bar, Youth Rodeo